Betty stared longingly into Bill's eyes, and sighed,"Oh Bill, you're just the man for me!"
Bill replied, "Oh Betty, you're wonderful, except for those short, stubby lashes!!"
Short lashes got you down??!
Never fear, Poodles is here!
Beautiful lashes have been a concern for women throughout the ages. Early Egyptians used kohl to darken their lashes. And many a different concoction has been used since then.
|Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra|
Look at them lashes!
But it wasn't until Eugene Rimmel and T.L. Williams arrived on the scene, that mascara became an easy solution to create length and volume for eyes. In 1913, the French chemist Rimmel created the first non-toxic mascara and it became wildly popular all across Europe.
Around the same time in the USA, T.L. Williams marketed a similar product based on his sister Maybel's recipe for lash makeup. He named the new cosmetic, Maybelline; a combination of Maybel and Vaseline. It was a hit!
Now there are literally hundreds of different mascaras and brands; how's a Poodle to know which one is right for her??
My answer, stick to a classic! Mabelline!!
While I haven't tried all the Rimmel mascaras, I have tried pretty much every other drug-store brand out there; and Maybelline wins hands down, every time.
But the Maybelline company has 45 listed available mascara products on their website; which one is best?
Here are my picks for the top five Maybelline mascaras:
* Let me start by saying I adore synthetic brushes! I find that they don't clump as easily as a natural fiber brush, and that I can reach each individual lash. Some people hate synthetic brushes, they just don't work for 'em. So while most of my choices are of the synthetic type, I have included a couple fiber brushes for you natural lovers! ;)
** Oh and while I'd love to show you how these look on my lashes, I quite literally fell on my face last Saturday (stools were meant for sitting on, not standing on!), and the result is not pretty. Eek!
1. Define-A-Lash Lengthening - My all-time favorite day-use mascara! Love the brush, love the formula, love the look on my lashes! And as a bonus, you can use an empty tube to help pin-curl your hair! Hehe!
2. Volum' Express The Rocket - I use this mascara for evening looks. It makes my lashes look insanely full and long, and I receive the most compliments with this mascara. BUT, it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to remove!!! 3-4 washes at least. Don't even bother with cold cream, you'll be at it all day. Making this mascara a poor choice for everyday, but a great one for special events that require an all-day look.
3. Colossal Cat Eyes - Lives up to its name and creates an amazing cat eye look! But I find the brush difficult to work with on the lower lash line.
4. Great Lash - A true classic, Great Lash has been around for forty years. Available with both the original fiber brush, and a synthetic version! Yay!
5. Rimmel Glam Eyes - Yes, Rimmel. Just checking to see if you are paying attention! Ha! I adore this mascara! Mainly for the thin brush that is more like a comb. It works great for lower lashes.
Now get out there and win Bill and the boys over with your luscious lashes!
**What's your favorite mascara?