Have you heard the news??
First by the most stylish and gorgeous grandma ever, Denise at RetroGran...
...and then by my fellow Californian, retro fabulous Deborah of Hellcat Vintage!
Thank you so much to these two lovely ladies!!! Head on over to their blogs to meet my Poodle pals!
The Liebster Award (Liebster = German for dearest), is given by previously nominated bloggers to 11 fellow bloggers.
It is a fun and an easy way to get to know each other better; and a fantastic way to learn about new blogs. Blogs that you may end up adoring and adding to your own reading list!
So without further ado, here are my 22(!) answers to the two sets of questions sent me:
First from Denise:
1. What have you learned from blogging?
Being a blogger is a full-time job that you better love! 'Cause it can CONSUME your time!!
2. How much time do you spend working on your blog?
24/7! ;) I'm always trying to think of new posts, or starting drafts, or taking pics, etc. I'll see something and think, "That would be awesome for Poodles!"
3. What is your guilty pleasure?
Etsy! Definitely. So many sellers, so little time. ;)
4. Are you punctual or tardy?
TARDY! Procrastination all the way!
5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Rome. I loved it there and long for it every day. :(
6. What's your favorite book, tv program, and film?
Book: As a teen- the Anne Series of course! Now- Rosamunde Pilcher's Coming Home. It affected me so much, and still does. TV: Masterpiece. Film: Now that's a toughy... ummm.. it's a tie between Sleepless in Seattle and Moonstruck. (Don't even get me started on classic films... Now, Voyager- & any other Bette Davis movie, Meet Me in St. Louis, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof...and on and on and on!)
7. If you could throw a dinner party and invite anyone in the world, living or not, who would you invite and why?
Jane Austen- for her wit!
8. Do you have a particular style icon or guru?
Celebrity- Betty Grable! She was definitely a Poodle! I adore her elaborate hairstyles! All those rolls!! In bloggerland- Atomic Redhead Janey! A fellow Disneyland fanatic, she has the most amazing collection of vintage clothing and accessories... always perfectly paired!! (Have you seen her brooches?!!) AND the always beautiful, adorable, lovely, funny, and stylish Ashley aka Lisa Freemont Street!! I've been watching her YouTube channel since she started. She is awesome!
9. What do you draw inspiration from, magazines, films, blogs or something else?
All of the above! Hehe! Plus of course the inspiration site of all-time: Pinterest!!
10. If you had to live in any other time period besides now, which one would you pick?
Late 40's, early 50's California... or maybe Victorian England, in a fabulous estate with a billion servants! HA! Tea on the lawn and masquerade balls!!!
11. What is your proudest moment thus far?
Blog-wise? Making it to six months! Actually sticking with something and loving it!!!
|IBM Electric - 1954|
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
As my Parkinson's developed, I needed something to help with hand dexterity, keep my mind focused, and to give me a project to fill the long hours at home.
2. When did you first fall for vintage/rockabilly fashion?
When I was a little girl, my grandma kept everything, and I would entertain myself for hours dressing up in her vintage jewelry and gazing through her clothing and household kitsch. I loved it!!
3. If you could meet anyone from any time period, who would it be?
Besides Jane Austen... Cleopatra- maybe she could share her beauty secrets with me, and how to charm your man into anything... Ha!!
4. If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be?
Anne of Green Gables!!!!!!!!!!!
5. What is your favorite food?
Um food!-Hahahaha! I love it all, but my go-to comfort food is fancy mac n cheese; the kind with bacon and bread crumbs and a million different cheeses. YUM! And olives; I could eat olives all day, every day!
6. You win the lottery…what do you do with the money?
Donate. Invest. Save. And buy a villa in Rome filled with dresses and shoes!!! ;)
7. Do you have a guilty pleasure? Do Tell...
See question 3 above!
8. If you had to wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Ugh! So not possible! I guess a little black dress- classic and goes with everything.
9. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
I know you're all sick of hearing it BUT... Italy! Italy! Italy!
10. When you were little, what did you want to be? Did you accomplish that dream?
I think I wanted to live at Green Gables, have a farm, and marry Gilbert. ;) That wasn't exactly possible, but I did marry my "ideal". Hehe!
11. If you were stuck on a deserted island, what one luxury would you want to have with you?
Books. I could make my own face and hair products from the coconuts!! ;)
Stay tuned for my next post, filled with my own set of nominees and questions!! Hehe!!